Popular Recipes

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"Everyday Cooking"- Mango and Black bean Salad

Still on track ladies!!!  Yes....trying to eat salad everyday! Like I mentioned in the previous posts, I am trying to eat 'right' and get back to pre- pregnancy weight. Let me tell ya.....it's a longg way though!
This salad is a 'left over' special.Like 'M' jokes: I am the queen of making something out of nothing...or more so leftovers!
I usually buy canned Black beans.It is my pantry staple.I use them to make quesadillas, black bean burgers etc.
Black Bean Burger:
http://my-kitchens-aroma.blogspot.com/2009/10/everyday-cooking-black-bean-burger.html
Black Beans and Corn Quesadillas:
http://my-kitchens-aroma.blogspot.com/2009/09/everyday-cooking-black-bean-and-corn.html

So since I had some beans left over from the quesadillas, I had the Feta cheese tub since last week ....viola..this salad came into being! The combination is more like mexican.....where they use lot of black beans, mangoes in the cooking...So here's how to put it together...

Ingredients:
Greens of your choice: Romaine lettuce, Spinach, Iceberg lettuce,Arugula,Radicchio,Red Cabbage etc
1/2 Semi Ripe Mango Cubed
Cooked black beans rubbed with salt and chili powder
Toasted Croutons
Feta cheese
Salt
Black Pepper
Dressing: I used none.The combination of Mango,feta and flavored black beans gave the salad enough flavor.Also I realized that Mango tastes good with Black pepper....it really goes well together.
Method:
1) Wash and cut the greens, drain well
2) Mix all the above ingredients in proportion that suits your taste.
3) Done!
Enjoy Guilt Free!




1 comment:

  1. wow...yummy salad..I love all the flavors going in !

    http://onlyfishrecipes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete